©2009 Grant Smythe
Forza 3 World First Images & V8 Supercars Details
Forza 3 Update 6th September #3
Slip over here and check out the images we have of the Sydney event we attended on Tuesday 2nd Sept where Microsoft officially announced the inclusion of 8 x V8 Supercars (4 Holdens & 4 Fords) into Forza 3.
There’s over 160 images to check out, all run off a Flickr Slide show. The first one is up now, the other two are now ready for viewing with actual gameplay images and menue selection screens to check out. ifyou notice in the second slideshow, you’ll see the two images of the Ford V8 Supercar in the selection process, god it looks great in the flesh (in-game). Almost looks too good.
Forza 3 Update 3rd September #2
Here are 16 or so V8 Supercar in-game images for you all to drool over and have you trying to sit on your hands for the next 50 days until release (Aust/NZ/Eu/UK = 23rd Oct).
As you can see, they look great, and trust me, they look even better on your screen than they do here in these images, these just do not do the game justice.
Forza 3 Update 2nd September #1
Well, having just returned home from the Forza 3 Media Event in Sydney’s Lamborghini Showroom, I can now say without a shadow of doubt, that Forza 3 is going to rock many gamers’ boat.
I have over 500 hours invested in Forza 2, and just 4 laps into Forza Motorsport 3 I can already tell that this game is going to eat up a lot more than the hours I’ve spent so far in Forza Motorsport 2.
We are lucky enough to make known for the first time globally that there will be EIGHT V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza 3 which will also be released several days early here in Austr/NZ/Eu/UK – that being, 23rd October, with the release of 27th for Nth America.
Here are some more screenshots exclusively for you and probably the first ones of these available on the net. We have many more stills and interviews from today, along with some videos, but we wanted you to see these first, as we had promised late last month.
So, without further ado . V8 Supercars – Aussie Style:
The eight V8 Supercars that will appear in Forza 3 come from eight great teams, four of which are from Holden, and the other four from Ford – of course.
• V8 Supercars Mark Skaife had this to say about the game:
“I’m extremely impressed with the polish of Forza Motorsport 3 and excited about the exposure it will bring to our great sport internationally. Aussie Holden and Ford fans can now battle head-to-head everyday of the week, and get up-close and personal with the power and precision of V8 Supercars”
While Australian V8 Spercars Chairman, Tony Cochrane commented:
“V8 Supercars is recognised globally as the best touring car championship on the planet and being included in the internationally acclaimed Forza 3 is a testament to that”
Car #1 TeamVodafone FG Falcon 2009
Car #5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon 2009
Car #9 Stone Brothers Racing FG Falcon
Car #25 Britek Motorsport FG Falcon 2009
Car #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE 2009
Car #33 Garry Rogers Motorsport Commodore VE 2009
Car #39 Supercheap Auto Racing Commodore VE 2009
Car #51 Sprint Gas Racing Commodore VE 2009
Sadly there will be “no Aussie tracks” in this iteration of Forza 3, well none we were told about, and it’s highly unlikely there will be, considering this was a World-First press release and showing of the V8′s in action and playable to the general public (well, non-development team – put it that way).
The event was held at the beautiful Lamborghini Showroom in William Street Sydney and was a hub of activity as 5 V8 Supercar drivers went head-to-head to set the fastest lap time on one of the great Forza 3 tracks.
Speaking with a few of the drivers later, they all were very impressed with the cars’ performance, handling and details in the physics as well as look. We will have a more detailed breakdown of the day in an upcoming update for you, but hopefully this will help many of you get an idea of what to expect.
My time in the hot-seat was only 4 laps- not enough time to bed-in as it were, but set a reasonable 55.473 lap time. Tanner set a blistering 50.567 on the track, and was exceptionally pleased with the whole experience.
We were using CyberKarts excellent cockpit setup (five set ups including sound and LCD screens fully adjustable seating and pedals made it a great deal easier to get comfortable and feel at home in the saddle as it were). CyberKart confirmed that they’d be working with OXCGN on the upcoming OXCGN Forza 3 Racing Cockpit along with Fantec and GAME (AU).
So there will be more news coming on that soon as well as a detailed report on today’s event, so stay tuned (pun intended
More Forza 3 news
Make sure you check out the great Fantec Sports Wheels and the set that OXCGN will have up for grabs later on when Forza 3 arrives in October 23rd (Aust Release date) . . . as well as other OXCGN Forza 3 pages of info on the game.
- Forza 3 October Info #11 Curvaceous Chevy Camaro SS
- Forza 3 250 Gig Xbox 360 Bundle Official – OXCGN News & Special Offer
- Forza 3 October Info #10 Classic American Muscle ’79 Z28
- Forza 3 October Info #9 Saleen S331 Supercharged Supercab
- Forza 3 October Info #8 Build Your Own Chevy-Dodge-Ford
- Forza 3 October Info #7 Sleek, Sexy & Swift 2009 Scriocco GT
- Forza 3 October Info #6 – Complete car listing
- Forza 3 October Info #5 Primetimes’s #11 Viper R3 Class
- Forza 3 October Info #4 2006 Slippery Evo & HKS Time-Attack Mitshubishi
- Forza 3 October Info #3 Black Beast – #41 Gulf F1 Mc Laren GTR
- Forza 3 October Info #2 Mad Mazda Lola #16 Comin’ Through
- Forza 3 October Info #1 Here Comes The BMW E34 Z4 Coupe
- Forza 3 September Info #12 Bell Motor’s #11 DB9 Aston Martin R2 Coupe
- Forza 3 September Info #11 Presenting The Koenigsegg CGT
- Forza 3 September Info #10 Skyline Driftin’ Madness
- Forza 3 September Info #9 Fugimi Kaido Returns
- Forza 3 September Info #8 2nd DLC Pack – Ferrari’s & 2010 Italia 458
- Forza 3 September Info #7 More Ferrari Mayhem
- Forza 3 September Info #6 250 gig Forza 360? & Farrari Madness
- Forza 3 September Info #5 Forza Dyno Tunes Ford GT400
- Forza 3 September Info #4 Bugatti Veyron & Avatar Cloths
- Forza 3 September Info #3 Media Update – V8 Supercars Event Slideshows
- Forza 3 September Info #1 & 2 V8 Supercars Officially Announced
- Forza 3’s V8 Supercars In-game screen & info V8 Supercar Image found
- Forza 3 August Info #5 Video Walkthroughs
- Forza 3 August Info #4 Forza Dreams, Gadget Show & Puma
- Forza 3 August Info #3 LE Information
- Forza 3 August Info #1 & 2 Cars, cars & more cars & Le Mans
- Forza 3 coming in 2009 OXCGN’s Official Major Forza 3 Page
- Forza 3 June info E3 Video Interviewwith Developer
- Forza 3 June-July Info screens & vids
- Official Australian Xbox Forza 3 site game info
- Fantec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel for Forza 3
- Fantec Wheel Stand and Turbo Wheel kit up for grabs – info
- OXCGN’s Forza 3 on its way in 2009
- OXCGN confirms Aussie cars in Forza 3
- Fantec Prosche 911 Wheel for Forza 3
- Forza 3 Official – Gentlemen, Start Your Engines