OXCGN Presents ‘s CES Presentation for 2010
To Launch Holiday Season 2010.
Halo Reach, Project Natal, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake and More for 2010
OXCGN presents to you the recording of both Robbie Bach, President of Microsoft and Steve Balmer CEO of Microsoft at their presentation just moments ago at the 2010 CES International in Las Vegas. This will be available complete via Xbox On Demand soon, but here it is early for you from OXCGN.
We’ve split this into two segments for you, and will only be running Robbie Bach’s Xbox presentation, which is Xbox related, otherwise you’ve be in for an additional 1 hour of more Microsoft discussions not related to the Xbox Platform.
Some of the content regarding Property has been omitted due to restrictions, but as soon as any embargo’s of this information has been lifted, it will be presented on OXCGN for you asap.
So without further ado, here’s Robbie Bach’s presentation on what Xbox has in store for you in 2010
• Robbie Bach’s Xbox Presentation CES International 2010
One big thing that is evedent from the show is, that Microsoft’s main aim is now focussing on Social Media and the family living room, rather than Gaming via the Xbox and Xbox Live. You need only look at the emphasis on Social media and FIlm/Video and music now available On Demand.
Advertising has been lowered somewhat from gaming sites in favour of other ‘social media sites’ . . . which is showing where the main aim will be focused in the next few years. The Xbox as we know it, a gaming platform, will become a secondary issue, with the unit becoming a primary media centre for the whole family and social media outlets.
The Official Press Release just released Post CES Keynote
We love starting the New Year out with a bang! On the eve of CES 2010, Steve Ballmer and Robbie Bach announced in Microsoft’s keynote address that 2009 was a great year for Xbox and 2010 will be the biggest year ever in Xbox history.
- Xbox sold more than 10 million consoles last year and we have now sold 39 million Xbox 360s around the world.
- Xbox Live continues to redefine and lead social games and entertainment:
- Xbox LIVE enjoyed its biggest week ever at Christmas time, with a new member joining every second.
- Xbox LIVE saw record peaks of more than 2.2 million people using the service at the same time.
- The addition of new social features like Facebook, Twitter and 1080p instant on movies has been a huge success with nearly 10 million members utilising entertainment content on Xbox LIVE.
- Over 1 million new friend connections have been made since the launch of Facebook on Xbox LIVE.
1) As announced during the keynote, “Project Natal” will be hitting living rooms this holiday (2010). “Project Natal” – which will work with every Xbox 360 – ushers in an entirely new category of games and entertainment, turning YOU into the controller.
2) 2010 will deliver our biggest line-up ever of exclusive blockbuster releases. Kicking off the first-half of the year with back-to-back Xbox 360 exclusives like Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, and Alan Wake. Our holiday line-up of games includes the highly anticipated Fable 3, followed by Halo Reach, which is expected to be the biggest title of 2010.
3) With Xbox LIVE, we’re changing the face of social entertainment.
• A new Xbox LIVE experience, “Game Room,” will be the ultimate destination for reliving the glory days of the classic 1980s arcade. “Game Room” will offer a library of 30 original arcade and console classics including “Centipede®,” “Asteroids Deluxe®,” and “Super Cobra,” which are shown in their original cabinet designs. Buy once and play on both your Xbox 360 and Windows-based PC.
For additional Xbox news and assets for CES, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/ces.
Happy New Year!
The Xbox 360 team