Assassin’s Creed 3 set during the American Revolution?
Da Vinci Disappearance DLC Leaves Clues
Update – Assassin’s Creed 3 has been announced, check out even more speculation here
Update 2 – Assassin’s Creed 3 CONFIRMED FOR AMERICAN REVOLUTION – here
Update 3 – Leaked screenshots and scans analyzed + game info – here
Assassin’s Creed III Limited Editions Detailed and Priced HERE
©2011 Nicholas Laborde
The content of this article contains major spoilers.
If you have not completed the new downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, The Da Vinci Disappearance, then do not read any further.
You have been warned.
Today, the first single-player addon for Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood was released, The Da Vinci Disappearance.
While there have been many major hints and clues as to the next Assassin’s Creed title, whether it be another title in the style of Brotherhood or the final third installment, there has been nothing concrete discovered.
Once again, major spoilers follow. You have been warned yet again.
A summary of affairs…
The goal of the downloadable piece was to save Leonardo da Vinci after he was captured.
He has discovered underground catacombs that lead to a chamber, built by the Pythagoreans. And of course, as in any science fiction story, someone else wants it.
Ezio eventually makes his way to Leonardo and saves him, where the duo are urged onward into the chamber.
A large hole was in the roof of the initial entrance chamber. The secrets of the Pythagoreans lie within.
The Pythagoreans believed that all aspects of nature came down to numbers and equations; if man could discover these numbers, they could control nature itself.
After the chamber was opened, a room shockingly familiar to that of the end of Assassin’s Creed 2 and Brotherhood was discovered, with a pedestal in the middle.
Ezio placed his hand on the pedestal, and numbers began to show everywhere. Da Vinci picked out a certain string of numbers and letters: 43, 39, 19, N, 75, 27, 42, W.
Upon first glance, they mean nothing. And that’s precisely what Leonardo thought.
Ezio urges the disappointed Leonardo to leave, saying that this information was not for them.
That’s the end… or is it?
When I saw that sequence, my mind automatically recognized it as latitude and longitude coordinates!
As quickly as my fingers could type, I punched in those coordinates to Google Earth.
And this is what was found.
Remember that hole I talked about? Well, click that image on the side.
It actually exists, but near a small town in New York [state] called Glenfield.
Not located in Italy, like the Brotherhood version.
This is in the United States of America.
I tried to look up things regarding the hole, but from the looks of it, people may not know that it even exists (as you can see from the image, it’s in a heavily forested area).
I have a feeling this small area in New York will be getting a LOT of attention soon.
The next iteration is…
What do you think?
Could Assassin’s Creed 3 take place in the United States?
If it did, how would things play out?
What could they possibly have to do in the U S of A?
Could it have something to do with the original formation of the country?
Maybe George Washington had the apple with him, or something ridiculous like that.
Only time will tell…
Update 1: Thanks to the help of a user in the below comments, it was confirmed that Washington indeed was a member of a Templar organization and possessed the Apple at one point (source here).
This pretty much means I’m a wizard.
Update 2: One of the commenters came up with some very interesting stats that need to be mentioned here.
Here’s the image he made from the coordinates given in the game, and the information.
Submitted on 2011/03/17 at 4:36 am
When looking at the coordinates, I noticed just south of it was Rome, NY, and then I noticed to the NW of Rome was a Florence, NY.
Two Italian cities (Roma and Firenze) With the subject matter of the DLC being Pythagorean in nature, I used these three points to see if they made a pythagorean triangle, and low and behold it does! check it out!
And even more Assassin’s Creed:
- Assassin’s Creed III: Analysis of Leaked Screens and Scans – Read more
- Assassin’s Creed III Limited Editions Detailed and Priced HERE
- Assassin’s Creed III on October 30, 2012, But What Does It Mean? – Read more
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Review – Read more
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Update- The End of The Beginning? – Read more
- Previously On…Assassin’s Creed: story catch-up video, here
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations: Flamethrowers – Did they exist back then? Read More
- What Assassin’s Creed Could Learn from Shadow of the Colossus – Read More
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations: All the facts revealed – read more
- Assassin’s Creed 3: Set in American Revolution? – check here
- The Assassin’s Creed Effect: 3 Templar Games in 2011 – Read More
- Assassin’s Creed 3 – Where and When to Next Part 1. –Read more.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 – Where and When to Next Part 2 –Read more.
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Review (Single Player)
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Review (Multiplayer)
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: (Almost) Modern Warfare – do you agree with new direction? Look Here.
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood novels HERE
- Assassin’s Creed Ascendance Animated Film teaser HERE
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood: Beta Kill Video and Verdict here.