Uncharted 3: Limited Editions:
“Buckle” Up for Aussie/EU/US versions compared
©2011 David Hilton
Special Editions have often been different depending on the region you buy them from. Especially good examples of this are the Assassin’s Creed franchise games, which had dramatically different Limited Editions.
Uncharted 3′s Special Editions for North America, Australia and Europe have been announced and detailed, so how does their content compare?
They initially seem very similar…but they do appear to have interesting differences, including 2 versions for Australia and Europe.
The contents of the North American Special Edition are as follows:
- A functional Traveling Chest replica which stores all of the other aspects of the Collector’s Edition
- Exclusive Steelbook case for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception
- A full size replica of Drake’s belt buckle from UNCHARTED 3
- A full size replica of Drake’s necklace which includes Sir Francis Drake’s ring
- Exclusive statue of Nathan Drake from Sideshow Collectibles.
In addition there will be several exclusive pre-order DLC upgrades available from such retailers as Gamestop, Amazon, Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
There will be two releases for Australia and Europe, a Special Edition and a Collector’s Edition.
The Special Edition will contain:
Early design (see right) but will look like Nathan Drake’s diary with fully illustrated pages, including concept art, screenshots, sketches etc. It will have a premium finish.
In addition to this, the Special Edition will include a PSN voucher allowing you to download the following items and enabling you to stand out when playing online:
- Multiplayer skin and weapon: ‘London Drake and Pirate AK-47′:Customise the appearance of both your avatar and your weapon.
- Multiplayer ‘Upper Cut Taunt’: Allows you to give an upper-cut gesture for increased self-expression and bragging rights when playing online.
- ‘Cash Multiplier’: Earn in-game cash much faster when playing online.
- ‘Special Edition Decals Pack’: Decals to customise your avatar’s accessories.
The Collector’s Explorer Edition will have:
- The Nathan Drake figurine, ring and belt buckle from the US Collector’s Edition.
- They are also designing an antique style replica traveller box with a real authentic feel to it.
- Content wise, the Explorer Edition will include the Special Edition (and its DLC ) as well as all the pre-order bonuses listed above.
- They are also looking to add a few more items like a Nathan Drake passport holder & a 3D lenticular image like the InFamous 2 Special Edition.
These details may change a bit, but I’m so hoping that the chest for the Aussie version is as cool as the one for the US one.
All in all this is a looking like all regions are getting a really good product. The North American one is going to retail near the $US100 mark, but for Australians we already have a RRP for the ‘standard game’ at around $AU108, so it will probably be closer to the usual $AU150+ mark.
UPDATE: RRP for Collector’s Explorer Edition is $AU 210 and the Special Edition is $AU 110.
Featured DLC Pre-order packs
No word yet on whether or not the Aussie version will only be exclusive to EB GAMES as so many of these are here, but I’ve made some enquiries and will update when I know for sure. UPDATE: They are available at multiple stores.
What do you think of these? “
©2011 David Hilton
Filed under: Console gaming, Press Release Tagged: | AK-47, ColeDrake, Francis Drake, Infamous 2, limited edition, Nathan Drake, Sideshow Collectibles, Special Edition, Uncharted, Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition, Uncharted 3 Limited Edition, Uncharted 3 Special Edition, Uncharted Explorer Edition, Uncharted Limited Edition Australia, uncharted-3-drakes-deception