Microsoft Showcases Halo 4
Halo HD Remake Shown As Well
©2011 Nicholas Laborde
It’s the first day of E3, and Microsoft has started with possibly the biggest announcement of E3 2011.
During their conference, everything went quiet.
Halo 4 has been announced.
Okay, I’ll give you a few seconds to take that in.
You ready for the next part?
A complete HD remake of the original Halo is coming as well.
OXCGN gives you a rundown of how it all happened.
Be back soon, dying of excitement
We all thought it was over at Reach.
We were wrong.
The lights dimmed.
The crowd became surreal.
The chanting we all know (oooooohhh ooooohhh ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh) came on, and the crowd went wild.
Halo 4 is coming out in fall of 2012, and is the start of a new trilogy.
And then we were left with our minds wandering.
And that’s not all. Shown earlier in the conference, Halo is coming back. But in a different way.
Coming this fall, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is the HD remastering of the title, available to all.
High-definition remastered visuals in a Reach-esque engine, four player cooperative play in the campaign, and seven multiplayer maps all redone will combine to have an epic experience.
November 15, 2011 will be the date we get our hands on this masterpiece. Check out our screencaps!
Is Halo 4 a good thing?
Or is it going to be some of the worst to come?
And do we really want to buy a game from ten years ago again, just prettied up a bit?
OXCGN’s E3 2011 Articles:
Make sure you check out these great E3 2011 articles, not only showing you the news, but looking deeper into the games and hardware coming from this year’s E3.
In the mean time, please feel free to grab any of the videos (we supply easy share-code for that) and images to share with your friends using the helpful social media buttons on the site. But basically, enjoy the information, and share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
This list will be updated with every new article and new notice, so make sure you bookmark it so you’ll be notified when there’s a new item up – enjoy
- E3 2011: Brothers In Arms: Furious 4: Desecrating the BIA Name – click here
- OXCGN’s Nintendo E3 Conference Wrap Up – click here
- E3 2011: The Darkness 2 – To Sequel or Not to Sequel – click here
- Sony PS Vita (NGP) Australian Price Revealed? – click here
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – Limited Animus and Special Editions Unveiled (with trailers) – click here
- OXCGN’s Sony E3 Conference Wrap Up – click here
- The Kinect Strikes Back: Kinect Star Wars – click here
- E3 2011: Hitman – Are Stealth Games Becoming Action Games – click here
- Tomb Raider: A Darker More Visceral Lara Croft – click here
- OXCGN’s EA Conference Wrap Up – click here
- OXCGN’s Ubisoft Conference Wrap Up – click here
- E3 2011: Minecraft Coming to 360 – click here
- E3 2011: Microsoft Showcases Halo 4, Halo HD remake – click here
- OXCGN’s Microsoft Conference Wrap Up – click here
- Konami E3 2011 Conference Wrap Up – click here
- Top Announcement We Want and Don’t Want at E3 – click here
- The Best Places to Watch E3 2011 – click here