Ready for release this Spring
As of today Starpoint Gemini 2 has entered its Beta phase on Steam's Early Access Program. This beta updates offers fans the ability to travel through to new, powerful and dangerous wormholes, listen to new music tracks, special effects and more.
For a bit of background, Starpoint Gemini 2 is an open-world 3D space simulation game. It provides RPG mechanics with the addition of space combat. The game takes place in Gemini, which has various factions all fighting for power. Players can control one ship at a time during the game with direction and combat, as they veer off to explore new worlds, whilst customising their ship along the way.
From the Press Release:
Starpoint Gemini 2 Beta Features:
- Wormholes – Free of charge, Wormholes are a one-way superfast travel method, but due to instability they are very dangerous and can result in damage or major catastrophe. Very popular way of travel among bandits and pirates.
- Classy Choices – Players can now choose their player class at the start of a game.
- Faster – By adding newer models, the game’s load times are much faster.
- T- Drive – Personal device for instant travel that can be mounted to any ship.
- New Music – New tracks and SFX have been added to create a wider variety of moods and atmosphere.
- Events – Local events that will feed the live news reels were added.
- Balancing – A first balancing run has been done on the ship systems and equipment pricing.
Starpoint Gemini 2 Game Features:
- RPG: RPG mechanics are rarely seen in the Space Sim genre, but in Starpoint Gemini 2, players are represented as the captain (not just the pilot), each with their own personal set of upgradeable skills, perks, and side quests.
- Open Universe: The huge open universe is at the player’s fingertips: The continuous universe in Starpoint Gemini 2 sets it apart from other games in the genre since there are NO loading points in-between.
- Customization: Detailed ship customization is available for every player through the purchase of new crafts, upgrading existing ones, and combining player’s particular set of skills to make even the smallest ships exceptionally powerful.
- 3D Space Sim: Starpoint Gemini 2 provides a unique open-world 3D space simulation experience that combines RPG mechanics and space combat.
- Large Fleet of Spaceships: Players have their disposal LARGE and highly customizable spaceships capable of creating major mayhem.
- Combat: Key elements in Starpoint Gemini 2 include the tactical combat of larger spaceships and exploration in the open universe, building and blending their RPG skills, and ship customization.
- Oculus Rift: Oculus Rift virtual reality capabilities implemented throughout Starpoint Gemini 2.
Little Green Men Games will be showing off Starpoint Gemini 2 with Iceberg Interactive this week at GDC. Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access program and is available for $24.99 HERE: steamcommunity.com/app/236150. Starpoint Gemini 2 is slated for full release on Steam this spring.